Deeney will not return to training amid Coronavirus pandemic

Watford captain Troy Deeney has confirmed he will not be returning to training amid fears of the Coronavirus pandemic.



Premier League clubs have been given the green light to resume training on Tuesday but the striker has made it know he will not risk returning without certainty of safety.


In an interview with Eddie Hearn and Tony Bellew on Talk the Talk YouTube show, Deeney said: "It only takes one person to get infected within the group and I don't want to be bringing that home.

"My son is only five months old, he had breathing difficulties, so I don't want to come home to put him in more danger."

My problem was in the meeting, I asked very simple questions.

"For black, Asian and mixed ethnicities, they're four times more likely to get the illness, they're twice as likely to have long lasting illnesses - is there anything extra, additional screening, heart stuff to see if people have got problems with that? No. OK, well I feel that should be addressed.

"I can't get a haircut until mid-July but I can go and get in a box with 19 people and go and jump for a header and nobody could answer the questions, not because they didn't want to, just because they don't know the information.

"So I said if you don't know the information, why would I put myself at risk?" He added.

It was later revealed that one player and two staff at Watford has tested positive for the virus


Afolabi Kehinde Hassan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ralf Rangnick proffered a permanent solution but United choose to make more casualties with Erik Ten Hag

Doping in sports and the popular culprits in football

A sign of what is to come but no excuse for Chelsea's late capitulation in the London derby