Odion Ighalo reveal plans for Manchester United after loan extension

Odion Ighalo has committed to do everything he can to take Manchester United "higher and higher" after the extension of his loan from Shanghai Shenhua.


The Nigerian striker is expected to stay at Old Trafford until the end of January, 2021 after United had signed a new deal with his parent club in China

Before the suspension of the Premier League, Ighalo who joined Manchester United in January had scored an impressive 4 goals in 8 appearances in all competitions

"I'm really happy," Ighalo said. "It's a dream for me to be here. I'm buzzing and ready to go. Since the first day I arrived, I made it clear that I wanted whatever it takes to continue that work.

"Like I've said, since I was young, I've been supporting this club and playing for it is a dream. Now I've extended my loan, it makes it more even clear and I'm committed as I know, in my head, I'm here until January ending.

"I just want to work hard and enjoy it, support the team and do whatever I can to make us go higher and higher."

Shenhua's initial position was that they would only agree to extend Ighalo's loan if a purchase obligation was added into the agreement, the Ex-Watford striker would most likely be valued in the region of £20 million or more.

However, with border restrictions potentially preventing Ighalo from returning to China in time for the new season, the club has relaxed its stand and allowed him to prolong his stay in the England.

Ighalo revealed that the United team are getting closer to match fitness before the June 17 restart, and also admitted that he can't wait for the league to resume.

I'm getting better and better every day," he told the Manchester United official website. "We have been training together the past two weeks now, so it's getting close to the game. The sharpness is coming, the fitness is coming and everything is going well.

"It's been strange, you know, because you have to stay two metres apart to talk to your team-mates. Sometimes, you need to get close to give them some signs but now it's two metres and it's kind of strange.


"But this is what we have to do for us to be safe and for the game to go on. We are ready to do it and we're happy to do it. Everybody is looking good. Running, working hard and playing football. Little two-a-sides and doing some ball work.

"Everyone is getting better and better. Everyone is back, even Paul is back training normally and Rashy is back training as normal. Everyone is training normally and training full and all that, so the squad is full and everyone is ready, I think.

"I can't wait for the league to start again. I'm really looking forward to it. We're working hard and I believe we're going to do great."

Odion Ighalo will have the opportunity to continue living his dream in Manchester United when the English Premier League restarts in two weeks time.


Okonkwo Benjamin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ralf Rangnick proffered a permanent solution but United choose to make more casualties with Erik Ten Hag

Doping in sports and the popular culprits in football

A sign of what is to come but no excuse for Chelsea's late capitulation in the London derby